From James Xu <mersmp.blue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The lisences of libraries used in mersmp
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 15:59:58 GMT
Hi Bernd,

      First I will introduce myself , I am James,  one developer of mersmp
team who take charge of the designation and development  of the whole
mersmp.

      Second, I will introduce MERSMP system. MERSMP is short for massive
e-learning resource sharing and management platform. The main purpose of
mersmp is to supply a platform which all kinds of e-learning resources like
coursewares would be exchanged and shared between teachers and students. As
an advanced feature, it is also a platform for teachers and students
communicate with each other. it is a relative standalone platform that can
work without Realcass, but as two main  parts of bluesky system, they can
work together as an e-learning solution,  realclass plays the role in real
time classes between teachers and students, while the mersmp supplies them
the ways to share resources and communication after real time classes.

      MERSMP is developed using java technology and runs as an website but
more than a website. we learn the ideas from facebook develop platform and
mashup sytems. it  is  more like a platform on which developers can make
third party widgets and applications related to certain resources from
different places, after publishing  these widgets and applicaitons to the
end users, teachers and students can share and manage resources through
mersmp platform.

      MERSMP is consisted of three parts: first, system platform, on which
administrators can configure the security realms and take charge of
authentication and authorization of the whole platform; second, develop
platform, which supplies APIs, tools for developers to integrate their third
party widgets and applications with MERSMP system; third, user interface,
which can be customized to end users with the resource oriented
applications.

      Finally, I should say sorry for late participating in the discussion
of the bluesky mailing list. It is really not a wise way to incubate MERSMP
without the instructions and helps in the community. I wish today's brief
introduction and overview of MERSMP can be a start in bluesky community.

--
Best regards
James Xu