From Samuel Kevin <lovesumm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: oss problem
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 03:26:28 GMT
quote from ALSA  mailing list:
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2007-October/003582.html

At Thu, 11 Oct 2007 18:14:14 +1000,
WOODEN John wrote:
>*
*>* I wish to use either the ALSA or SALSA API within my application.
I also intend to commercially distribute my application and sell it.
*>*
*>* What affect does ALSA's and/or SALSA's Lesser GPL license have
upon applications that utilize their API's?
*>*
*>* Do I have to make the source code of my application freely
available if I choose to utilize the ALSA or SALSA API?
*
I expected someone answered better about such a question than me, but
so far, I see no reply yet...

AFAIK, LGPL allows you the binary-form distribution without disclosure
of your source code as long as you link the LGPL'ed library
dynamically.

Takashi