From Samuel Kevin <lovesumm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blue sky Real Class System Problem
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2009 01:24:37 GMT
2009/9/4 Suresh Rajagopal <suresh@newconceptict.com>

> As my suggestion for Blue sky Development Team
>

>   - Make it user manual and installation guide as user friendly and very
>   clear

We make the  manual  and installation guide based on the assumption that
users are familiar with Ubuntu. Any of RealClass team or people who could
get along well with Ubuntu could easily handle the system. Of course we will
update the manual and installation guide, and we will also update the
solution package so that it is easier to install.

>   - System requirements also not fully mentioned, *drawbacks:* all web cam
>   not supporting blue sky real class system really this is very big
> drawback.

yep, that's our mistake. I just put "compatiable webcam" , but didn't
mention that webcams which don't support V4L2 can't be used in our system.
we will update that soon.

>   - Even don't know how to start voice chat through real class system.

 Actually, once the system start, you can hear the voice of teacher in
student client. And student and teacher could talk to each other  when the
student is selected as "focus student". Before that you should make sure
that your mic works, i think that belongs to configuration of mic, it is
easy to find when you search it on google.

>   - Some times system not properly running teacher client sent message to
>   student silent , some times its not receiving message at all.

that sounds like a bug,  but  seldom did we met this problem in our lab,
please report the detail. I guess that also may cause by the degree you
getting familiar with our system.

>   - This system entirely not that much user friendly , when starting
>   teacher client and student client commands need to be run in steed of
>   commands we can give  some exe files, when user clicks this file system
> will
>   run automatically.

   1. Currently, the members of RealClass team are not the initial
   developers of RealClass system. The initial are not sophisticated with
   interface design, so do we.... And  we now focus on two things: First
   release of RealClass on Apache; developing the next version of
   RealClass--p2p version. We would not make second development on current
   version of RealClass;
   2. Actually, you can start the system by clicking the file like
   "ncteacher" in /src directory......, you may also make a  link in the
   desktop like you do in windows........
   3. I think that you need to learn some basic operations or fundamental
   knowledge of Ubuntu....

These all are problem as i faced post few days, please include these futures
> in blue sky real class system, then its look some thing effective.
>
> Regards
> Suresh
>
> Thanks for your feed back, that contribute to the revolve of our system.

regards,
Kevin

> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Suresh Rajagopal
> <suresh@newconceptict.com>wrote:
>

> > Thanks i will check this link.
> >

> > On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 8:04 AM, Samuel Kevin <lovesummerf@gmail.com
> >wrote: