From Bill Stoddard <wgstodd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: committer account confirmed
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 12:47:08 GMT
Samuel Kevin wrote:
> hi, All:
>        i've just received the comfirm mail of the committer account from
> ASF. After i changed the password i find the following words:
> quote from the e-mail
> Please note that until the Project Management Committee responsible
> for the project to which you were given group membership actually grants
> you access to the relevant source code modules, you won't be able to
> commit anything. If you have problems committing, you need to email
> private@incubator.apache.org.
>
>    i don't quite get the meaning of this section, can i commit to svn repos
> now?

Hi Kevin,
What it means is that you now have an account on the ASF infrastructure,
but just having an account does not give you commit access to any ASF
source code repositories.  We need to give you commit access to the
bluesky repo.  I will ask one of the infrastructure folks in the
incubator pmc to give you commit access today.  Congratulations!