From Shan Jiang <dane.x...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: abandon 1394 DV support
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2009 07:15:28 GMT
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Arthur Chen <zijian.ping@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I found that the libdv-1.0 library which we used in Realclass to support DV
> is an GPL codec library.
> Since GPL code must not  be included in Apache Project, I think maybe we
> should abandon 1394 DV support.

The 1394 DV function of Realclass is an additional function and the most
useful camera device interface in Realclass system application is V4l,
instead of 1394. So abandoning 1394 DV support is a NOT bad idea for
legalizing the Realclass's licence under ASF.

> ps: I have compiled LGPLed ffmpeg0.4.9 to replace the ffmpeg0.4.8 whose
> copyright is unsure. Also the codec is changed from MPEG1 to MPEG4.

Nice work. It is important for us to release the Realclass in ASF incubator.

--
Shan Jiang a.k.a dane @ Bluesky Dev Team XJTU