From Samuel Kevin <lovesumm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: abandon 1394 DV support
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2009 06:03:35 GMT
hi, Arthur:
    GPL code can't be used under ASL. plus, i don't think that feature like
DV support is a must in this version of RealClass. Webcam support is enough.
What i am thinking that, currently, we just need to complete a table and
legalized release. After that, we may add such function in the next version
of RealClass.

2009/8/28 Arthur Chen <zijian.ping@gmail.com>

> Hi all,
>
> I found that the libdv-1.0 library which we used in Realclass to support DV
> is an GPL codec library.
> Since GPL code must not  be included in Apache Project, I think maybe we
> should abandon 1394 DV support.

+1

> ps: I have compiled LGPLed ffmpeg0.4.9 to replace the ffmpeg0.4.8 whose
> copyright is unsure. Also the codec is changed from MPEG1 to MPEG4.

Good job.

http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/