From Samuel Kevin <lovesumm...@gmail.com>
Subject what we are doing and proposed next step
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 07:46:40 GMT
Hi, All:
    After we solve the problem of FFmpeg, i guess our next goal is to make
the first release. I've read through the whole page of guidlines of Release-
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html. Wow, it's quite
large and to some extent, for me, ambiguous. The following is my
understanding to Release.

    Release involves two things most. First is the code. We should guarantee
both quality and the legitimacy under ASL. Personally, i suggest that we
should focus on clarifying the legitimacy of the source code.  Some codes
,with free license , the initial developers used in our project are mixed
with the code they wrote. So we had to isolate the free licensed code and
clarify the license. For the sake of convinience, the initial developers put
some libs, whose licenses conflict with ASL, in the source code. Of course,
we should also clear them out.
   Second is the documentation. I checked the example the guideline shows-
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ and i found that we only miss the API
document. I suppose we could use doxygen to help us complete the API. I
don't think comments our code follow the rules of doxygen, so i recommend
that we could mend that when clarifying the legitimacy of the source code.

    Guys, here's my  thought about next step.
    1:Clarify the legitimacy of the source code, meanwhile label the comment
which apt to generate API document by doxygen;
    2: use doxygen to create API documents;
    3: finish the relevant work a Release needs and make the first Release;
guys, what do you think about that ?  Any suggestion?

regards,
Kevin

http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/