From Samuel Kevin <lovesumm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to proceed - next steps
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:22:31 GMT
Hi,Bill:
 our summer vacation ranges from 28th,July to 15th,August. And i just came
back from my hometown where hardly can i connect to internet.

2009/8/10 Bill Stoddard <wgstoddard@gmail.com>

> Bluesky Team,
> We need to make plans to take this project to graduation.  To graduate, the
> project must have code to release and have a sustainable community. Right
> now, we don't have code, we don't have a community and we don't have a plan
> for acquiring either.

Actually, A rough plan had been made before the beginning of the summer
vacation. We'd complete it soon after 15th, August.

> What remains to be done to release working code? What are the blocking
> issues preventing us from releasing working code?  What is the plan to work
> through each blocking issue? Have the GPL/LGPL and other license
> compatibility problems been resolved and if not, what is the outlook to
> resolving these problems?  If you can submit a step by step plan for how we
> will get to working code,  I will work with the mentors on getting team
> members commit access to the project.

We've start the replacement of FFmpeg with Theora and Vorbis. But if we
could solve this  problem by compiling FFmpeg into LGPLed and provide FFmpeg
lib in a non-ASF site, it could save us at least 2 months.

> Clearly, we need to grant commit access to some new team members.  Please
> provide a list of proposed new committers, their role in the project and how
> long we expect those people to be around.  I am expecting a relatively small
> list here, so please do not include people who are unlikely to spend time
> learning how to work on ASF projects or make significant contributions.
>  Once I see and review the list, I'll provide instructions for what to do
> next.

I will contact Dr Jiangshan tomorrow and provide the list soon.

http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/