From Bill Stoddard <wgstodd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libav-user] License of libavcodec and libavformat
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 12:43:05 GMT
Arthur Chen wrote:
> Hi Luciano Resende,
>
> We have built LGPLed  libavcodec and libavformat, and modified the code to
> make them compatible. For the BlueSky users, we will upload our modified
> source code, the LGPLed libavcodec and libavformat will be included in the
> netclasslib, just execute install.sh, all the library we used in bulesky
> will be installed.
>
> regards,
> Arthur
>
> 2009/8/10 Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>
>

>> On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 11:46 PM, Arthur Chen<zijian.ping@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Luciano Resendeļ¼Œ
>>>
>>> The libavcodec and libavformat we used in Realclass can be configured as
>>> LGPLed at build time.
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> Arthur

Hi Authur,
Just to be clear... ASF projects can dynamically link to LGPL code but
we are not allowed to redistribute LGPL code.  So Luciano is asking how
bluesky users will get an LGPL build of ffmpeg.  We will either need to
rely on a copy already installed in a system or direct users to download
it from a non-ASF site.

Bill