From Samuel Kevin <lovesumm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ffmpeg license
Date Sat, 25 Jul 2009 00:44:46 GMT
Hi, Bill:
         I've seen this page. I used to consult whether LGPLed code is
compatible with ASL, and people in Apache community show me this link:

http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html. I found the following words:
GNU LGPLThe LGPL is ineligible primarily due to the restrictions it places
on larger works, violating the third license criterion. Therefore,
LGPL-licensed works *must not* be included in Apache products. After seeing
that, i  believed that we need to replace FFmpeg.  So far as i know, we only
use libavcode and libavformat from FFmpeg. As to libpostproc and/or
libswscale, i would ask Jiang Shan to confirm whether we use these libs. I
will send you the result soon.
It would be quite awkward if thing goes like this..........

regards,
Kevin

http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/