From Bill Stoddard <wgstodd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blluesky PMC report
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:57:46 GMT
Samul Kevin wrote:
> Hi, BIll
>    i finished the coding work and almost complete the testing job. i took a
> view of the grant file today. Is there a sample to guide me fill all the
> blanks?

It's really simple. Here is a code grant from Covalent (now owned by
SpringSource) for the J2G tool:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12349176/Covalent-J2G-Tool.pdf

Here are two key points you need to understand:
1. Who should sign the code grant?
I think code developed at XJTU (西安交通大学) as part of the bluesky
project is owned by the university. I expect Prof Zheng has sufficient
authority to sign the code grant. (XJTU students will not have the
authority to sign the code grant). Note that signing the code grant does
NOT change, in any way, XJTUs ability to do what it wants with the code.
The code grant allows the ASF to redistribute the code under the Apache
License.

2. You are only granting code to the ASF that was developed at XJTU...
the grant does not cover code that you pick up and reuse from other
projects.
You must, of course, maintain copyright statements in the code you pick
up from other sources.

Bill