From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: code review and some requests
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 05:57:58 GMT
On Tue 10 Mar 2009 16:20, Samul Kevin <lovesummerf@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Bernd:
>      sorry, i don't mean that. For It's just a rough plan so we want to make
> it look like "decent" after we have a discussion. Then we post it in mailing
> list for another discussion. We've made lots of stupid mistakes, so we don't
> wanna make things worse.
>      As to the silence of the dev-mailing list, due to the delay of
> commiting source code to svn repos. we can't bring on too many things. eg,
> if we are talking about code problem or newly developing bluesky system, how
> could other people get involved in?
>      We feel embarrassed or some kind of shame for retarding process of
> podling. We wanna make huge progress in this semester.So, we wish in two
> weeks we could achieve the standard to upload source code.

It's ok.  Every podling goes through some mistakes.  Don't worry about
it.

The best way you can make a better impression now is by using the
mailing list for all your discussions.  Even if you're not sure about
what you want to do, discuss it here.  Even if the code isn't in Apache
yet, you can still discuss it here.  In English, in Chinese.  多可以。

> And some of the committers were graduated from university, new comers
> like me are gradually learning this system and trying to contribute to
> this system. i don't think i am doing well but i will drain to do my
> best.

You're doing fine.  It's a lot to learn and you have many people here
willing to help. 加油!

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁         cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905