From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Voting....
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 00:51:59 GMT
On Fri 20 Mar 2009 15:07, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Samul Kevin <lovesummerf@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Bluesky team, as to the suggestion of Luciano, it seems awesome to use
>> JIRA. Now, Is it necessary to request one?
>>
>>  +1 means pro
>>  - 1 means con
>>
>>  Vote as you wish,  5 +1 is the minimum to pass.
>>

> Please take a look at [1], votes are usually 3 binding votes to pass.

Also, you don't have to have a vote for everything.  You certainly can,
but you're not required to.  Votes are only required for:

 - A software release
 - Adding a new committer or PMC member

When I first started volunteering in Apache, I started a lot of votes.
But over time, I learned that most decisions can be made just by
discussing things.  If everyone has had a chance to comment and there is
concensus, then you don't need a vote.

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁         cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905