From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: name of the committers should be updated
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:13:17 GMT
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Samul Kevin <lovesummerf@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/bluesky.html
>     check out the committers name on this page, 3 out 5 had left school.
> There is fat chance that they contribute to this project again. Moreover,
> the current participants who are contributing to this project , however, are
> not on the committers list.
>     Take notice of the previous e-mail i transmit from JIRA comment, people
> can't recongnize me as a participant of this project. This might cause some
> similar mistakes later on. Thus i suggest that we hand in a fresh commiters
> list and someone , say Bill, may update the committers list. What do you
> say?
> --
> Bowen Ma a.k.a Samul Kevin @ Bluesky Dev Team    XJTU

The list of committers in [1] comes from the initial committers in the
BlueSky proposal. After a project is accepted in Apache, new
committers are voted by Meritocracy following the Apache Way, but old
committers don't loose their status just because they have left the
school or something as this is not about an school project anymore, is
about a community interested in the Apache BlueSky project.

As for voting new committers, this is an interesting question based on
the project dynamics, as there is no code at svn yet, thus no really
code activity, and very low mail activity (which is getting better
now)...  how are we going to apply meritocracy here and identify new
committers ?

BTW, some good resources for free time reading [3]

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/bluesky.html
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html
[3] http://tuscany.apache.org/working-in-open-source.html

--