From "Henri Yandell" <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bluesky licensing checklist
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 04:26:44 GMT

<snipping thread from legal-discuss@>

> I checked the "resolved" page and found the following words:
>>>
> GNU LGPLThe LGPL is ineligible primarily due to the restrictions it places
> on larger works, violating the third license criterion. Therefore,
> LGPL-licensed works must not be included in Apache products.
>>Since no other
> people in legal discussion mailing list replied my post. I thought that's a
> veto to use ffmpeg. If i misunderstood something , please tell me. We do
> need advices to improve our work at apache.

You've definitely understood things - my concern is to make sure that
we've understood your use case. The question of LGPL in an Apache
product is not an easy one. Can I see the source code to understand
how ffmpeg is hooked in and then make sure that there is a veto on
using ffmpeg?

Also, referencing Luciano's reply, are there any other issues I can
help with while I'm here?

Thanks,

Hen