From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: discussion:what should we do next?
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:22:56 GMT

"Jin Cao" <caojin85cn@gmail.com> writes:

> The best situation is that we find the substitutes of FFmpeg and Arts in a
> reasonable "cost". Then,maybe we have to change our code.
> FFmpeg is one of the most important part of our project, a lot of
> fundamental functions depend on FFmpeg.

I understand that.  And I know switching from FFmpeg would be
difficult.  But FFmpeg has issues beyond just the licensing here in
Apache.  The software includes codecs with patents that make it
impossible to legally distribute in many countries.  This is why many
Linux distributions do not include it by default.

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁         cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905