From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: discussion:what should we do next?
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 05:58:38 GMT

Let me see if I can help out here a bit.

FFmpeg can definitely present some problems, both from the LGPL view
and from issues with patented codecs.

I would consider looking into one of several other open source video
codecs:

  http://www.theora.org/

  http://diracvideo.org/about_dirac

I don't know if either of those will have all the software you need,
but the license for Ogg Theora should be ok.  For Dirac, I need to
look into it a bit more.

I'm not sure what Arts is.  Can someone point that out to me?

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁         cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905