From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: how do we deal with list.h
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 05:32:21 GMT
Whether this software is widely used or not is not important from a
licensing point of view.
The crucial question is: What is the license of the code you want to use?

See here for some answers:
  http://apache.org/legal/3party.html
It's a starting point, so you get a general idea what is important.
More questions will probably arise from that.

Hope that helps,

  Bernd

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 02:40, Ting Peng <t.peng.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we can use stlport, for it is part of C++ Standard. If we read the
> document of stlport in detail, we can find the answer. Stlport is widely
> used, for any popuse. I think we can use it too. What we should do now is to
> check the licese file of STLport.
>
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Shan Jiang <dane.xjtu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It's vital for us to confirm if the sgi's stl lib can be applied with
>> ASL. In source file description, we note that this sentence of
>> "Permission to use or copy this software for ANY purpose is hereby
>> granted without fee, provided the above notices are retained on all
>> copies.". we should send email to the sgi's author for asking for his
>> authorization to apply sgi's stl lib under ASL. If the author accredit
>> his(her) codes to bluesky ASF project. we INSTALL the sgi STL lib by
>> apt install command on Unbantu. The next step is that we replace the
>> #include <list> with #include <list.h> in our source code file and
>> modify a few code (if fortunately, we can do nothing to modify ). That
>> is all we need do!
>>
>> On 8/21/08, Samul Kevin <lovesummerf@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > i check the sgi's stl. It seems the license doen't collide with ASL.Is
>> that
>> > totally OK if we just download the list.h of sgi STL and replace the one
>> we
>> > currently use?

>> recommended

>> copies.