From "Ting Peng" <t.peng....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: About xplayer source code
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 08:37:47 GMT
On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Bernd Fondermann <
bernd.fondermann@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 1:50 AM, Ting Peng <t.peng.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Our xplayer has synchronization work for the played media objects. This
> > function is not provided by other players. In fact, Bluesky can run
> without
> > xplayer. So, the users who want to watch course ware made by bluesky can
> > download xplayer from other website. I think.
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 3:10 PM, du.haipeng <du.haipeng@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> XPlayer is based on mplayer. We didn't pay much attention to the license
> at
> >> that
>
> But now you have to. What is the license? GPL?

Our xplayer is based on Mplayer, wich is licensed under GPL.
It is very hard to separate our code from mplayer's code. So, we don't want
to submit xplayer to ASF for license issue.

> >> time so we directly re-coded part of mplayer and here comes the
> >> problem.
>
> What do you mean by "re-coded"?
> Did you take the source code and changed it, adopting it to your needs?
> Where is the original code base you took?
> Where is a documentation of all the changes you made?

Origin mplayer code which our xplayer is based on is downloaded from
http://mplayerhq.hu/ years ago. The document of all the changes are not
available, because during time of developing xplayer, we considered only how
to make it work, and didn't consider the licensing issues.  Perhaps, some
clues may be found in the source code of xplayer.

> >> XPlayer is designed for playing the courseware made by BlueSky.The
> >> courseware consits of 3 multimedia files and shoule be played
> >> synchronizly.
>
> What is the file format? Is it video, audio?

Yes, all the files are media file containing audio or video object.

--
Best regards!

Ting Peng (t.peng.dev@gmail.com)
[CN] +86-137-721-59621