From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: What should wo do next about the Bluesky Project?
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 20:09:34 GMT
On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 13:53, chen hecky <hecky.chen@gmail.com> wrote:
> After checking the files one by one, we find that most software library are
> LGPL------they are dynamic invocation, but there are some GPL included in
> our project such as fstream.h, kde/artsc/artsc.h and glib.h and so on(All
> the checking is done under the Ubuntu7.10).
>
> I know that there must be not any GPL in the project to upload to Apache.
> But what should we do next? Remove the GPL

No, that would violate the original contributors copyrights.

I would propose you tell on this list for every piece of code you are
using where it is coming from (What is the original code and where can
we find it?).
Second, it would be great if you'd compile a list of all the code
changes you made (who is the person who did the change) to this
original code.

Another completely different approach would be to start from scratch.

Thanks,

Bernd