From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: status report
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 18:59:59 GMT
On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 05:02, chenwei_yi2003 <chenwei_yi2003@126.com> wrote:
> Following is the first BlueSky Project status report ,posted for discussion.
website, are operational.
> Community
> Two of the original committers have had accounts created.Others have signed their CLAs
but License Grant have not been received or processed yet.

> Code
>
> Some codes in our project are GPLs, which is against the rule of Apache regulations,
and therefore we are transforming them to IGPLs for upload.

I know what GPL is, but I don't know what IGPL is (LGPL, maybe?). And
why doesn't that read ASL? Again, there will be no GPL'ed code in
Apache repositories. Please request in your report assistance from
Incubator if you feel that there are open questions about licensing
and intellectual property transferation to Apache.

I also find it worth reporting that this project currently has one
component named xplayer based on mplayer and FFmpeg, which are (L)GPL,
and are potentially patent encumbered and must be replaced some time.

Thanks,

  Bernd