From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: About xplayer source code
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 06:59:39 GMT
On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Shan Jiang <dane.xjtu@gmail.com> wrote:
> xplayer is advanced on basic of mplayer (GPL) by our team. mplayer code is
> the core of xplayer and provide many primary functions for it, such as
> audio/video playback, streaming multimedia transport protocols and AV
> encode-decode (actually supported by FFmpeg ). xplayer just add the new
> function of playing synchronized multiple multimedia objects into mplayer.

So, where do I find the mplayer original source code you derived xplayer from?

> It is very hard to divide mplayer code from xplayer in a short period for
> ASL (even if we done, xplayer is non-functional).

Nobody is talking about doing it in a hurry. But you better start now
if it takes long.
You might as well think about replacing xplayer with a properly
developed ASL licensed alternative.

> So xplayer is a vital
> issue that we need discuss in detail.

Agreed, as we do right now.

> Is it obligatory to commit xplayer code into ASF repository at present?

It is obligatory to _NOT_ commit this code into ASF, since it is not yours!

> xplayer is just one application software kit of Bluesky that includes three
> independent system, real-class system (developed by c++), MERSMP and
> xplayer.

Except from mplayer, what other third party projects did you derive
you other 'systems' from?

  Bernd