From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: About xplayer source code
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 06:41:30 GMT
On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 1:50 AM, Ting Peng <t.peng.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Our xplayer has synchronization work for the played media objects. This
> function is not provided by other players. In fact, Bluesky can run without
> xplayer. So, the users who want to watch course ware made by bluesky can
> download xplayer from other website. I think.
>
> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 3:10 PM, du.haipeng <du.haipeng@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> XPlayer is based on mplayer. We didn't pay much attention to the license at
>> that

But now you have to. What is the license? GPL?

>> time so we directly re-coded part of mplayer and here comes the
>> problem.

What do you mean by "re-coded"?
Did you take the source code and changed it, adopting it to your needs?
Where is the original code base you took?
Where is a documentation of all the changes you made?

>> XPlayer is designed for playing the courseware made by BlueSky.The
>> courseware consits of 3 multimedia files and shoule be played
>> synchronizly.

What is the file format? Is it video, audio?

>> XPlayer can do this automaticly.So other similar players can
>> do,maybe open the 3 files one by one.

Can you explain more detailed how this will work, please? This is the
BlueSky _development_ list. It is important to have very detailed
technical discussions here!

  Bernd