From bill stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Status?
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 02:34:45 GMT
du.haipeng wrote:
> We are a group of students working in the same room every day so it is easy for us to
have face to face discussions whenever we met some problems.

> We havn't been used to puting all our things on the mail-list and this is badly against
the "open and communicate" mind of ASF. So the next step we must try to make full use of it.

> On the other hand, poor English makes the communication hard, at least from my point
of view...

Yes, I completely understand both points you make. I know from first
hand experience that it's possible to coach a team that works in the
same room to use a mailing list to communicate. I don't have a simple
answer for the English barrier. Perhaps it is sufficient for just enough
communication (in English) to happen on the mailing list to give people
who are NOT in the same room an understanding of the decisions being
made and direction the project is taking. This is a real challenge for
the bluesky team, but you must overcome this challenge to succeed at the
ASF.

Bill