From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Some questions about BlueSky
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 06:54:41 GMT
du.haipeng wrote:
> Hi bill:
> We have 2 questions about BlueSky in Apache.
> Now we call our work "The first China open source project in Apache Community",can we?

This is an important message, but I think it should be communicated
indirectly. Maybe we can make a statement something like this...

"The Bluesky project comes from the Xi'an Jiao Tong University, in Xi'An
China."

The ASF is most interested in teamwork and building successful
communities. That the project originates in China is, I think, very
interesting to the ASF, however it is not much of a factor in the future
success of the project. The fact can be mentioned, but I suggest not
placing a lot of emphasis on it.

We can work on words to communicate the message. What do you think?

Bill