From Matevž Bradač <mate...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.5 (incubating)
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 20:08:06 GMT

On 13. Mar, 2013, at 18:02, Ryan Ollos wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 2:50 AM, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I would like to initiate the vote for releasing Apache Bloodhound 0.5
>> (incubating).
>>
>> Please find the change log for this proposed release below:
>>
>> * Implemented Bootstrap templates for the repository browser, log viewer
>> and attachment pages.
>> * Upgraded Bootstrap to version 2.3.1.
>> * Upgraded Trac to version 1.0.1.
>> * Various bug fixes and enhancements.
>>
>> * Not fixed for this release:
>>   * No major outstanding issues
>>
>> For this release, the archive differs from the tag in that the Trac
>> "contrib" directory has been removed from the archive. The files
>> in that directory currently lack license headers. We are working
>> with the Trac team to clarify the licenses under which the contrib files
>> are released:
>> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/273
>>
>> The release candidate artifacts consist of source release as a tar.gz
>> archive along with the associated MD5 and GPG signature.
>> These can be found at:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/bloodhound/
>>
>> The archive is based on the tag:
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/bloodhound/tags/0.5-incubating
>>
>> Please vote:
>> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Bloodhound 0.5
>> [ ] +0 Don't care
>> [ ] -1 Do not release this package (please explain)
>>
>> The vote is open for 72 hours and, if successful, will be followed by a
>> vote on general@incubator for a further 72 hours.
>>

> Matevz, what should we say about the responsive layout for this release? I
> have not tracked that work closely enough to be able to summarize it myself.

I think we can at least mention it. The main implementation was
finished (see #217), and what is left is more or less fine-tuning
and bug fixing.
Another reason for mentioning would be to get the user feedback on
usage with tablets and phones. Beforehand the experience was quite
cumbersome (lots of zooming in/out, panning etc.), with 0.5(.1) this
will have been addressed to a large extent.

--
matevz