From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [REGRESSION] What should be italics is rendered as bold text WAS: svn commit: r1456892 - /incubator/bloodhound/trunk/bloodhound_theme/bhtheme/htdocs/bloodhound.css
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 05:01:18 GMT
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 9:42 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/21/13, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:

> >> [...]
> >> >

> >> This change (well ... the original including `font-weight : bold` ;)
> >> is breaking the basic notion of <em> tags being rendered in italics
> >> style . This has some impact on WikiFormatting , as well as other
> >> parts of the GUI .
> >>
> >> Please revert to what it was before .
> >

> > That revision should have only changed the indentation to make it the
> same
> > throughout the file. The diff you show is only a change in indentation as
> > far as I can see.
> >

> Very obvious . That's why I said «well ... the original including
> `font-weight : bold` ;)» . That one is where my local blame tool led
> me and I saw no point in tracking changes prior to that .
>
> The message is «that should not be bold , no matter where that change
> was applied in first place» .

So basically you have replied to my commit that *did not* introduce the
problem, stated that there was a problem and that the line in question
should be reverted "to what it was before" and told me to fix it even
though you have not yet determined who introduced the change in question or
when this regression may have been was introduced.

If you'd like a change to be made, determine who made the change in
question and raise the issue with that person so that you can have a
productive discussion about the change. Then, work with that person to
produce a patch.