incubator-bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.5 (incubating)
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 15:22:38 GMT
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 3:44 AM, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com>wrote:

> With no votes cast yet and suggested changes to go into the release, I
> take it that we are going to call this release defunct and start again.
> Whether we call that 0.6 or 0.5.1, I am not particularly worried. I would
> like the new tag to reflect Greg's suggestion of the trac/contrib directory
> being removed from trunk though.
>
> Meanwhile, I am not convinced with the argument that graduation should be
> considered a blocker for release unless it somehow becomes the difference
> of a couple of days. It seems it is currently a minimum of about 8 days
> before graduation assuming that all goes well.
>
> Cheers,
>     Gary
>
>
> On 12/03/13 08:30, Olemis Lang wrote:
>
>> On 3/12/13, Jure Zitnik <jure@digiverse.si> wrote:
>>
>>> On 3/12/13 3:00 AM, Ryan Ollos wrote:
>>>
>>>> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>  [...]
>>
>>> However ... big question ... are we going to release anything in
>>>>> bep_0003_multiproduct as part of Release 5 ?
>>>>>
>>>>>  I'm not sure. I had assumed all of the MP, Search and responsive
>>>> layout
>>>> work was still in progress, which is why I left it out of the release
>>>> notes.
>>>>
>>>>  MP is still work in progress, I wouldn't be pushing it for Release 5.
>>> I'd suggest we schedule the merge for after this release and release it
>>> as part of Release 6.
>>>
>>>  +1
>> so I guess the initial schedule I've doing would be correct ... most
>> of the time
>
>
Please let me know if you see any problems with the following plan:
 1. Leave the 0.5 tag
 2. Update the release notes, bump the version numbers to 0.5.1 and remove
the `contrib` directory on the 0.5 branch
 3. Delete the 0.5 release artifacts in the bloodhound-dist (1)
 4. Create a new release named 0.5.1

I'll wait about 24 hours for feedback before taking any action to start the
next release.

(1) https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/bloodhound

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message