From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #420: Improved styling for `inline code`
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2013 22:21:16 GMT
On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Matevž Bradač <matevzb@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2. Mar, 2013, at 9:48, Olemis Lang wrote:
>
> > On 3/1/13, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:

> bootstrap
> done

> > yeah ... my last comment was jftr ;)

> > +1

> >> Oh, very cool, thank you for sharing that.
> >>

> > that's cool

> in
> >>>

> >> Do you mean, build bloodhound.css with LESS?
> >>

> > I suppose that's what Matevz meant in first place . If so , that's
> > interesting . IMO we really have to assess the benefits vs the
> > drawbacks . In principle I wouldn't mind *if* we were in need of
> > relying upon LESS quite often and in considerable amounts (e.g. like
> > Bootstrap ;) . Maybe we end-up building a space rocket to kill a
> > single ant .
>
> +1, it's more of an "if" thing.

Yes, I also think that Olemis put this issue into perspective quite well.

> Currently bootstrap defaults suffice,
> there is some CSS copy&pasting, but it's not really overwhelming.

Agreed.

> If we ever want to change the default styling, or even enable the users
> to do so, it may be a thing to consider.

The primary goal of this ticket will be accomplished by a patch to the Trac
source code (possibly a temporary patch to the BH copy of Trac, and
inclusion of the change in the 1.0.2 release of Trac). The issue of how to
deal with `tt` elements provided by plugins is not a very important issue
to begin with --at this stage of the development of Bloodhound--, and it's
certainly not worth a major effort to just solve a small CSS
maintainability issue.

So I will proceed like this:
 (1) Push a patch to the Trac source code.
 (2) Patch the version of Trac in the BH repository, resolving this issue
prior to Release 5.
 (3) Copy and paste the CSS from bootstrap.css to bloodhound.css for `code`
tags and apply it to `tt` tags.