From Joachim Dreimann <>
Subject Re: Query Builder (Search / Custom Query)
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 18:19:34 GMT
I've update the mockup now. In addition to the comments below I've added in
the drop down for which columns to show as suggested by Andrej.

On 14 March 2013 19:47, Andrej Golcov <> wrote:

> >> This is my suggestion for the Query Builder UI in Grid view / batch edit
> >> mode:
> >>
> As it was previously discussed, current search does not support facets
> out off result scope (similar to Ebay opposite to Amazone). That means
> that filters multi-select (OR operation) is not easy in simple way e.g
> multi-check box selection - since the first selection will collapse
> the facet to a single value. Though, there is possibility to add OR
> facet filters in popup (Ebay way). I suggest to proceed with single
> click (without multi-selection) as it is now and add OR functionality
> later based on user feedback.

The multi-select suggestion is a step towards replacing the Custom Query
functionality with this new search interface. As such it can wait if it's
difficult, but I believe we should avoid the popup if at all possible.
Amazon's implementation seems like a much nicer experience to me.

> "Clear filters" link in the breadcrumb - Doesn't "Search" link
> provides the same functionality? I would rather have a link with
> "search text" instead of "Clear filters" with functionality of
> cleaning query text but leaving filters.

I've made that change in the mockup above.

> > how the search integration with multiproduct will function and look
> like? Should we
> > have a global search (across all products) by default and product
> choices as facets,
> > or would it be better to always limit the search to the "current"
> product scope?
> > (I vote for the former I *think*, haven't thought it through yet)
> We can set default product filter based on active product and use
> global search if user navigates directly to global search url - I
> think, Olemis suggested something like this.

I believe search should always be global unless the user chooses otherwise.
Our ranking should ensure that most relevant items move towards the top,
and a data point for this could be recently viewed products.

> But in both cases
> bhsearch should provide possibility to change search scope to a
> different product or search through all products e.g. it is common use
> case when user searches through all products to get assigned tickets
> (query: "$tickets $my"). I think, we need some kind of product
> selector with possibility to select "All products". I believe,  Joe
> mentioned as possible
> implementation.
> Cheers, Andrej

Joe Dreimann