From Joachim Dreimann <>
Subject Re: #471: Merge activity feed + change history
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 17:35:48 GMT
On 19 March 2013 16:42, Gary Martin <> wrote:

> On 19/03/13 16:18, Olemis Lang wrote:
>>>  In essence, I propose we merge the Activity and Change History
>> is annoying . It's so hard to follow that causes me headaches . May we
>> but that's maybe just a matter of toggling css classes ...
>> [...]
> That is fair comment.. it might not be great for everyone. One aspect of
> that is that if we make it switchable we are likely to have the new comment
> at the latest comment end. I think that is what Joe intends with the
> buttons above the comment input in the mockup.

Yes in the mockup there's a switch above the comment box to switch to
oldest first, which would reverse the arrow direction and place the comment
box at the bottom. On 'oldest first' maybe also a link to jump to the
comment box?

> We should also make sure that on the ticket page we are showing all
> changes (not just the last n days) if we are continuing to use the widget
> in that position.
> As for the threaded view, perhaps we can add that later if there is enough
> demand.

I'd agree. I think the threaded view don't fit Bloodhound's purpose very
well, Jeff Atwood wrote a good argument along those lines:

If there's enough demand we can add it back in anyway.

I would argue that the "Comments only" option isn't as needed with the new
design and that we should add it back in (or do something smarter to reduce
the noise) when there's enough demand.

- Joe

> Cheers,
>     Gary