From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #185: Typeahead for usernames on 'assign to' fields
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 17:53:26 GMT
On 25 March 2013 17:43, Branko ─îibej <brane@wandisco.com> wrote:

> On 25.03.2013 18:34, Joachim Dreimann wrote:
> > On 25 March 2013 17:24, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:

> (see

> >> The AutocompleteUsersPlugin needs some work to make it compatible with
> >> recent versions of jQuery. A patch was recently submitted that fixes
> most
> >> of the issues, but it needs to be refactored to eliminate a huge amount
> of
> >> JS code duplication. After I pull that patch in, we could start testing
> the
> >> plugin with Bloodhound. I could keep that on my near-term TODO list, and
> >> maybe have it ready for inclusion in Release 6. Thoughts?
> >>
> > It's fairly low priority in my opinion, but if it's easy and quick for
> you
> > to do, sure!
>
> I suggest we tag such simple tasks as entry-level, for new contributors.
> As Joe says, they're too small for GSoC, and too low priority to worry
> about them ourselves, at least pre-1.0.
>
> -- Brane

We already do Brane, the tag is called <starter> and they are highlighted
on our BloodhoundContributing page:
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundContributing

I'm not the best judge of how easy it is though because of my limited
Python knowledge. Still working on that :)

This may be a good reminder for others though to not be shy and tag those
relevant issues!

--
Joe Dreimann | *User Experience Designer* | WANdisco<http://www.wandisco.com/>

@jdreimann <https://twitter.com/jdreimann>