From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Bug in ticket workflow?
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:46:49 GMT
On 23 March 2013 14:19, Branko ─îibej <brane@wandisco.com> wrote:

> I just noticed this ticket:
>
>     https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/16
>
> Its status was "assigned" but it had no owner, as Joe removed himself a
> while ago. Just now I modified it and selected "unassign", and its
> status is now "new", however, it still has no owner, even though I'd
> expect the owner to be "nobody".
>
> Both states seem inconsistent to me. Is this lack of proper attribute
> dependency tracking an inherent bug in Trac, or did we introduce it
> somehow, perhaps with the UI changes?
>
> -- Brane
>

> --
> Branko ─îibej
> Director of Subversion | WANdisco | www.wandisco.com

I can replicate something very similar using Edgewall's Trac 1.0 demo, see
this ticket I created today:
http://trac.edgewall.org/demo-1.0/ticket/1606

"nobody" is treated like any other user in Trac, someone has to type the
name into the Owner field. An empty string or <null> are not equal to
"nobody" because it has no meaning, and like you say there is
no dependency tracking.

- Joe
--
Joe Dreimann | *User Experience Designer* | WANdisco<http://www.wandisco.com/>