From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject #471: Merge activity feed + change history
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 18:06:11 GMT
I've raised  ticket #471 with ideas relating to some major changes on the
ticket page, and I'd like to know what you guys think.
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/471

We've had many discussions about how to improve the ticket page on the

> mailing list, and I've attached a suggestions of how this could be done.

In essence, I propose we merge the Activity and Change History

> sections. I thought long about whether this should be done in the

> place of the current Change History or the current Activity feed, and

> settled on the latter.

Mockup below:
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/attachment/ticket/471/bh%20comments%20ticket%20without%20overlays.png

Comments and events have different styles to make it easier to

> differentiate between them and show the importance of comments.

The following highlights some key changes:

https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/attachment/ticket/471/bh%20comments%20ticket%20with%20overlays.png

>From top to bottom this highlights:

> - Ticket changes and comments would have different styles, but when

> changes are associated with comments, this would not be lost (yellow

> highlight on hover).

> - On hover more information is also shown, such as the date/time and

> edit/reply links.

> - Subversion commit messages show up as comments

> - Long code snippets and big images are shown in an overlay

What do you all think?

--
Joe Dreimann