From Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>
Subject Development and release process
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:03:30 GMT
There has been several requests from our mentors to be less ticket savvy.

While I do not agree that our BH should be used for bug tracking
exclusively
(Jira and similar have served me as planning tools quite successfully in
the past),
 I can see some room to relax our process a bit.

There is on thing that I would like to suggest if we are going that way:

Every (or almost every) commit or patch should also include a modification
to RELEASE_NOTES (ticket  based or not).
There should be no need to preoccupy release manager with what was done,
what the status is and so forth.
When the release date comes, it should be trivial for release manager to
get the release notes
into consistent and presentable state.

Disclaimer: I am not suggesting that we retire our issue tracker.
Bloodhound needs to eat it's own dog food after all.

Peter