From Andrej Golcov <and...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: Query Builder (Search / Custom Query)
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 12:31:00 GMT
I'd like to share result of quick investigation I made on how other
issue trackers implement the similar functionality:
 - Jira - by default search globally with possibility of later project selection
 - YouTrack - project selector for search is part of top navigation.
"All projects" option is selected by default but user can change
project before searching
 - Redmine - search within project by default with possibility to
select "All projects" later

As you see, there is no common approach here :) We can introduce a
setting whether the default search should be performed within product
scope or globally and tune this later based on feedback from users.

Cheers, Andrej