From Andrej Golcov <and...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: Query Builder (Search / Custom Query)
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 19:47:34 GMT
>> This is my suggestion for the Query Builder UI in Grid view / batch edit
>> mode:
>> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/attachment/wiki/BloodhoundSearch/search%20grid%20view.png

As it was previously discussed, current search does not support facets
out off result scope (similar to Ebay opposite to Amazone). That means
that filters multi-select (OR operation) is not easy in simple way e.g
multi-check box selection - since the first selection will collapse
the facet to a single value. Though, there is possibility to add OR
facet filters in popup (Ebay way). I suggest to proceed with single
click (without multi-selection) as it is now and add OR functionality
later based on user feedback.

"Clear filters" link in the breadcrumb - Doesn't "Search" link
provides the same functionality? I would rather have a link with
"search text" instead of "Clear filters" with functionality of
cleaning query text but leaving filters.

> how the search integration with multiproduct will function and look like? Should we
> have a global search (across all products) by default and product choices as facets,
> or would it be better to always limit the search to the "current" product scope?
> (I vote for the former I *think*, haven't thought it through yet)
We can set default product filter based on active product and use
global search if user navigates directly to global search url - I
think, Olemis suggested something like this. But in both cases
bhsearch should provide possibility to change search scope to a
different product or search through all products e.g. it is common use
case when user searches through all products to get assigned tickets
(query: "$tickets $my"). I think, we need some kind of product
selector with possibility to select "All products". I believe,  Joe
mentioned http://harvesthq.github.com/chosen/ as possible
implementation.

Cheers, Andrej