From Andrej Golcov <and...@digiverse.si>
Subject Bloodhound Search beta phase
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 11:57:55 GMT
Hi everybody,

All major goals of the beta phase of Bloodhound Search plugin were
achieved and provided functionality covers existing Trac search
functionality and introduces additional features like
 - sorting by match score
 - customizable facets support
 - query syntax with filters and meta-keywords support
 - grid view with custom sorting
see more info on https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundSearch

I'd like to propose replacement of the existing Trac search with
bhsearch plugin for dev and main setups.

Particularly, I propose the following changes:
 - add bhsearch to main setup (requirements.txt)
 - enable bhsearch.* components
 - enable quick search box to use .../bhsearch url as default search target
 - allow redirection of .../search requests to .../bhsearch for
backward compatibility with existing search wiki macro.

Using bhsearch as main search we will give us more users' feedback for
future improvements.

What do you think?

Cheers, Andrej