From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [BEP-0003] Multi product repositories
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 20:35:02 GMT
On 3/14/13, Jure Zitnik <jure@digiverse.si> wrote:
> On 3/14/13 10:13 AM, Peter Koželj wrote:
>> Maybe there is a solution in between pure soft links and repository table
>> translation.
>> I would go with links which is classical many-to-many table between
>> products and repositories.
>> We can then translate the repository table based on the links table
>> instead
>> of the repository table itself.
>>
>> If we can can pull this off on the SQL translation level we get "global
>> repositories" with translated view in product context almoast for free.
>
> Looking at the trac code, we might actually get away w/o introducing new
> tables (or changes to the translator layer) by just leveraging current
> 'repository' table.

Well , the fact is that it might not be desired that users on a given
product will see code in all repositories ... therefore the soft links
to limit the scope of sharing .

;)

> afaics the table is a simple attribute (name+value) table for each of
> the repositories. So one of the possible solutions for the global
> repositories + soft links would be to simply add another repository
> attribute that would represent a list of products that 'soft link' the
> repository...

/me thinking of queries involving product repos ... what will they look like ?

> no database schema/translator changes required... other
> changes would include (at least) modifying
> 'trac.versioncontrol.api.DbRepositoryProvider' and
> 'trac.versioncontrol.api.RepositoryManager' to properly 'filter'
> repositories based on the environment ...

+ ... in any case

PS: I'm not sure of whether we might want to track *now* fork
relationships among repos , and web UI shortcuts to do such things .

--
Regards,

Olemis.