From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query Builder (Search / Custom Query)
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 20:53:02 GMT
On 3/20/13, Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:
[...]
> On 14 March 2013 19:47, Andrej Golcov <andrej@digiverse.si> wrote:

[...]
>> We can set default product filter based on active product and use
>> global search if user navigates directly to global search url - I
>> think, Olemis suggested something like this.
>
> I believe search should always be global unless the user chooses otherwise.

what does this mean exactly ? Let's focus on the following situation .
User reads let's say a wiki page in product P and searches for word W
by using search input box in the header . In your opinion is there any
value for getting results from other projects , even potentially not
provide any result for the active project ?

That's more than confusing afaict ; unless the user explicitly checks
a selector to search anywhere ... that's another subject ;)

> Our ranking should ensure that most relevant items move towards the top,
> and a data point for this could be recently viewed products.

I agree with this when it comes to explicit global search view .

[...]

--
Regards,

Olemis.