From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [REGRESSION] What should be italics is rendered as bold text WAS: svn commit: r1456892 - /incubator/bloodhound/trunk/bloodhound_theme/bhtheme/htdocs/bloodhound.css
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:02:34 GMT
On 3/22/13, Branko ─îibej <brane@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 22.03.2013 10:24, Anze Staric wrote:
>> The change was introduced in r1452190 with match highlighting in
>> search. The tag <em> was chosen as the tag to mark matches based on
>> the default choise of Solr (<em> for emphasis -
>> http://lucene.apache.org/solr/4_1_0/tutorial.html#Highlighting).
>>
>> Css was modified to match the look of the google search results (bold
>> matches). As it only changes style inside elements marked as
>> searchable it was not supposed to break anything outside the search
>> results. I forgot to check whether the css class was used in other
>> contexts. The following patch replaces the name of the class marking
>> the search results that need to be highlighted.
>
> <em>phasis does not imply italic text, so in general it's fine to have
> bold emphasis instead of italic (or underlined, or different font or
> colour, or whatever). Since the definitions is scoped within
> class=highlight_matches, I don't really see a problem.

The problem is that the way it was before it was breaking
WikiFormatting styling . Not anymore . Beyond that in other contexts I
have no objection to <em>phasize text in any way we might consider
appropriate as long as it will not introduce regressions like this one
.

... so everything seems to be back to normal now ;)

--
Regards,

Olemis.