From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #420: Improved styling for `inline code`
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2013 08:48:06 GMT
On 3/1/13, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Matevž Bradač <matevzb@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 1. Mar, 2013, at 21:47, Olemis Lang wrote:
>> > On 3/1/13, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> > [...]
>> >>

>> > I was initially thinking of introducing (overriding) these in
>> > bloodhound.css rather than modifying bootstrap.css
>>
>> I think that's what Gary was referring to as well.

yeah ... my last comment was jftr ;)

>> But overriding things
>> in bloodhound.css quickly becomes quite cumbersome, as there is no way
>> to express "inheritance" of one tag's properties from another tag and
>> then overriding some of them (you have to copy and paste the whole
>> style).

+1

>> However - bootstrap is built with LESS (http://lesscss.org/), which
>> extends
>> the CSS with variables etc. which would allow just that (via mixins).
>>

> Oh, very cool, thank you for sharing that.

that's cool

>> Maybe we could adopt using LESS for building our custom bootstrap.css in
>> the future?
>>

> Do you mean, build bloodhound.css with LESS?

I suppose that's what Matevz meant in first place . If so , that's
interesting . IMO we really have to assess the benefits vs the
drawbacks . In principle I wouldn't mind *if* we were in need of
relying upon LESS quite often and in considerable amounts (e.g. like
Bootstrap ;) . Maybe we end-up building a space rocket to kill a
single ant .

--
Regards,

Olemis.