From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #469: Some batch modify unit test cases are failing
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 06:33:34 GMT
On 3/18/13, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Apache Bloodhound <
> bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org> wrote:
>
>> #469: Some batch modify unit test cases are failing

[...]
>> Comment:

>> patch]
>>  should fix this .
>>

> Have you figured out already why the TicketSystem didn't need to be enabled
> prior to the addition of ITicketFieldProvider? I'm just starting to look at
> this, but it's not obvious to me so far.

Oh yes !
Just because in Trac test suite instantiates `TicketSystem` class this
way `TicketSystem(env)` rather than `env[TicketSystem]` . The former
will *always* return the instance whereas the later also checks
whether component class is enabled . Now , after introducing the
interface and considering that `TicketSystem` itself is an implementor
, then it will not be listed in the corresponding extension point and
thereby «built-in» ticket fields will not be contributed .

In practice , in order to make `TicketSystem` work it must be enabled
... so ... no defect in the SUT .

--
Regards,

Olemis.