From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query Builder (Search / Custom Query)
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 20:18:38 GMT
On 3/14/13, Andrej Golcov <andrej@digiverse.si> wrote:

[...]
>> how the search integration with multiproduct will function and look like?
>> Should we
>> have a global search (across all products) by default and product choices
>> as facets,
>> or would it be better to always limit the search to the "current" product
>> scope?
>> (I vote for the former I *think*, haven't thought it through yet)
> We can set default product filter based on active product and use
> global search if user navigates directly to global search url - I
> think, Olemis suggested something like this. But in both cases
> bhsearch should provide possibility to change search scope to a
> different product or search through all products

jftr : what I suggested in simple words was to add
product=active_product filter *only if* there is no product constraint
explicitly set in query *and* request is handled by a product env . If
explicitly set , stick to whatever product set . All this I believe is
quite similar to what I understood after reading the paragraph above ,
though explained in a different way .

> e.g. it is common use
> case when user searches through all products to get assigned tickets
> (query: "$tickets $my").

r there search meta-vars for products owned by user ?

> I think, we need some kind of product
> selector with possibility to select "All products".

+
... and , if possible, a set of products as well ; though that may be
scheduled for another release
;)

--
Regards,