From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1455576 - in /incubator/bloodhound/branches/bep_0003_multiproduct/bloodhound_multiproduct/multiproduct: api.py hooks.py web_ui.py
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 16:32:48 GMT
On 3/13/13, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/13/13, Branko ─îibej <brane@wandisco.com> wrote:

[...]
> OTOH we have a deployment with product prefix all in Simplified
> Chinese

[...]

Indeed , at this moment we have 11 instances deployed in local
intranets . 1 in Chinese , all others being Portuguese and Spanish ,
which do have a bunch of non-ASCII chars , but I only recall such
product prefix in the first case ... though I don't know them all .

PS: Indeed in the first case there is a software product that will be
released soon with a public online BH instance . i18n support is a
very important part of the equation for both the target product GUI
and documentation (i.e. BH wiki) .

This all implies that soon somebody in my team will be spending some
time to prepare BH core for i18n I'm hoping such patches will make
their way to upstream ... eventually . As a result we'll also offer at
least a Spanish translation , maybe French and Russian , and clients
will be interested in Simplified Chinese , Korean and Japanese ,
German and Swedish (<= or whatever they use in Sweden to communicate
;) .

--
Regards,

Olemis.