From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #390: Product wiki syntax
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 21:09:52 GMT
> On 04/03/13 22:39, Olemis Lang wrote:
>> even if we don't choose sep = '-' it seems it may be matched
>>
>> so far I have discarded these chars as prefixes
>>
>> / collisions with relative wiki page refs in wiki context
>> - has a major ambiguity when it comes to expanding raw-attachment and
>> similar TracLinks namespace
>> : TracLinks meta-char , obviously out
>> . collisions with relative wiki
>>
>> I'm starting to think that we should be using one of ~ >
>>
>> 1. prefix~#123
>> 2. prefix>#123
>>
>> ... or a combination of the former e.g.
>>
>> 3. prefix->#123
>>
>> I think I'd rather prefer 1 or 3 . In the first version I'll implement
>> (1)
>
> Well, I have considered those and I might compromise (I prefer '>') but...

ok . I'll use that . No problem .
;)

> The case of raw-attachment is a very good point. However, it is possible
> to get around it and it also has a particular major advantage if we ever
> get people to defect from jira. In order to achieve that I would be
> prepared to drop the requirement to be able to use the short form for
> anything other but tickets. In particular PREFIX-123 would be the
> important case.

+1

> If we are interested in more, it would be possible to get away with '-'
> under more conditions by specifying only uppercase namespaces are
> allowed or making by deciding how a clash with other link resolvers will
> be resolved. It should be noted that '-' is a problem for
> 'raw-attachment' because of 'attachment'.
>
> It might be annoying for the raw product that you are unable to refer to
> attachments in that form but from within the product I still expect
> users to be able to drop the prefix and externally there is still the
> product:raw:attachment: form.

The fact is that external link resolvers (i.e. wiki syntax extensions)
will be matched first , so afaict the result of making both work
side-by-side will be the impossibility of using raw-attachment prefix
at all , i.e. no fallback possible

--
Regards,

Olemis.