From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Development and release process (now in context) WAS: [Apache Bloodhound] #467: About page should include a link to Apache Bloodhound
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 14:11:18 GMT
[...]

+

> That also means that not all commit messages should contain
> #ticket number.

The rationale for doing such things or not is beyond the discussion of
dedicating more / less effort to ticket / commits . It is more about
the fact that we are a community and changes committed now by person X
should be put in the right context to be easily found and understood
years later by person W . In the end something was done for a reason ,
and W should be able to navigate from commit to <whatever explaining
the reason> (most of the time tickets) and vice versa as easily as
possible .

IOW , if we compare the effort spent in writing refs #123 in change
logs vs the time spent by somebody to go through the changeset list
and figure things out (especially if not familiar with the subject at
all) ; IMHO it definitely pays the price . BH blame feature might help
, but sometimes is not enough .

--
Regards,

Olemis.