From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Charter preparation
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 01:41:49 GMT
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> We can take all current BH committers and put them onto the PMC
>> roster. Individuals can remove themselves.
>
> In which case shall we skip the invitation to mentors, put them all on the
> PMC and let them remove themselves if they wish? Just to speed things along!

Yeah. None of the mentors (active or not) are going to mess up the
PMC, so it can't hurt. And if they don't get their name off the list
before the Board votes on it, then they can also be removed later. Not
hard.

The Board does like to see at least one ASF Member on every PMC(*),
and by my count you'll have four (myself, Brane, Hyrum, and Gavin).

Cheers,
-g

(*) even this isn't an absolute requirement, but close to it; a PMC
with no ASF Members generally doesn't have a way to nominate PMC
Members for ASF Membership; that is very bad for the long term, as we
want to see projects better overseen by ASF Members; the Board usually
finds a Director that is willing to volunteer to be added to the
roster, fulfilling its desire for "at least one".