incubator-bloodhound-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.5 (incubating)
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 03:52:40 GMT
On Mar 12, 2013 1:33 PM, "Ryan Ollos" <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:
> Please let me know if you see any problems with the following plan:
>  1. Leave the 0.5 tag
>  2. Update the release notes, bump the version numbers to 0.5.1 and remove
> the `contrib` directory on the 0.5 branch
>  3. Delete the 0.5 release artifacts in the bloodhound-dist (1)
>  4. Create a new release named 0.5.1
>
> I'll wait about 24 hours for feedback before taking any action to start
the
> next release.

I concur with Gary: just do this on trunk.

Further, I recommend calling 0.5 defunct and move to 0.6. Version numbers
are cheap. Just note 0.5 was not released (in the release notes). You'll
find similar in the svn and serf notes, where versions were pulled. I
screwed up serf so badly once, we jumped from 0.3 to 0.6.1 in a few hours.
Horrible day :-/

Cheers,
-g

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message