From Matevž Bradač <mate...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #420: Improved styling for `inline code`
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 22:28:07 GMT

On 1. Mar, 2013, at 21:47, Olemis Lang wrote:

> On 3/1/13, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> There are a lot of potential ways of doing this. I am not keen on
>> copying the CSS across if we want to be sticking to whatever bootstrap
>> provides. That leaves swapping tags, which itself can probably be done
>> in three or more ways, or copying the styles on the client side with js.
>>

> I was initially thinking of introducing (overriding) these in
> bloodhound.css rather than modifying bootstrap.css

I think that's what Gary was referring to as well. But overriding things
in bloodhound.css quickly becomes quite cumbersome, as there is no way
to express "inheritance" of one tag's properties from another tag and
then overriding some of them (you have to copy and paste the whole style).

However - bootstrap is built with LESS (http://lesscss.org/), which extends
the CSS with variables etc. which would allow just that (via mixins).
Maybe we could adopt using LESS for building our custom bootstrap.css in the future?